Public Interest Projects has provided fiscal sponsorship services for more than 25 years for projects that share our goal of working toward a society that ensures justice, dignity and opportunity for all people. Funders and our fiscally sponsored projects work with us because we are nimble and flexible, provide competitive rates including a sliding scale of fees, bring significant value-added skills and resources including seasoned PIP staff and significant connections to philanthropy, and offer a quick turnaround in terms of project startup.
Public Interest Projects is proud to serve as the fiscal sponsor for many important efforts in our field. For example, Public Interest Projects currently sponsors projects working on:
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) rights. The Federal Agencies Project is dedicated to making federal agency policies and practices more responsive to the rights and needs of the LGBT community.
- Civic Participation. The Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation, (FCCP) is an affinity group for funders that support non-partisan efforts to engage voters, eliminate structural barriers to voting, advance reforms to improve government and electoral systems and inspire public involvement in civic life, particularly among historically disenfranchised and underrepresented communities.
- Informed environmental policy. InsideClimate News produces clear, objective stories that give the public and decision-makers the information they need to navigate climate and energy debates.
Fiscal sponsorship through Public Interest Projects provides:
- A mission-aligned focus on social justice and social change values;
- A non-profit “home” for a time-sensitive project or campaign that needs to start right away;
- A turn-key operation that takes care of the finance, legal, human resources, and administrative details so project leaders can focus on doing the work.
- Dedicated fiscal sponsorship staff who have both administrative and programmatic knowledge.
- A connection to the more than 140 donors who actively participate in Public Interest Projects.
For more information, click here to read Public Interest Projects’ Fiscal Sponsorship FAQ or contact Maritza Guzmán, Director, Fiscal Sponsorship and Project Management, at 212-378-4092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.